Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- The patient may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for 8 hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. Car service is not permitted.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and wear low-heeled shoes–no “flip flops.”
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please reschedule your appointment.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Fang prior to your surgical date for instructions.